Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 5

Calves are wonderful muscles. They are actually made up of two major muscles, the gastrocnemius and the soleus. The soleus is personally my favorite because not too many people know about it. It lies under the gastrocnemius so is often overlooked. Also, it is my favorite because it was my indicator for when my injured ankle was truly recovered. If I could stretch my soleus without my ligaments or the swelling around them hurting, I would know that I had recovered, at least in my own mind. On this picture of my calf however, there is a scratch, actually a collection of scratches. These scratches are from textured pool deck which despite its texture is still slippery when wet, especially when one is being chased by a possessed labrador puppy. Well that's my story and here's my picture for the day!


Falling down became second nature and it really didn't bother me.
-Nancy Kerrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment